Thursday, March 22, 2012

Thoughtless

Thoughtless
By: Jacqueline Gardner 
Published February 28th 2012 
  
When Bridget finds a dead cheerleader in the janitor’s closet, she becomes the killer’s next target. High school just got worse. It’s bad enough that she can hear the shocking truths that pass through her classmate’s heads. Now she has to worry about staying alive, and all clues point to the one person whose thoughts she can’t read - her boyfriend Terrence. Someone is taunting her, threatening to expose her secret. And when Bridget tries to single out her blackmailer, she’s nearly beaten to death by a mind controlled minion with fiery eyes.

But when Bridget finally comes face-to-face with the killer, suddenly a horde of brainwashed students programmed to destroy her life doesn’t seem so bad.


Haha,” I said in a monotonous tone. “See if I ever try and compliment you again.”
You haven’t,” he replied, “. . . ever.”
Well sometimes I think it.” I had a playful smirk on my face.

This book surprised me A LOT more than I thought it would. I mean - the synopsis sounded amazing; but you know how sometimes you just get a 'feeling' about a book? Yea well, I got that about this one, but I must say - FEELING WRONG! I am going to try and word this review without giving anything away! I would hate to ruin the book for everyone :D

Who doesn't want to go to school and find a dead janitor in the closet?! Makes for a pretty UNboring day in a rather boring place! In this case, that is exactly what happened to Bridget. Oh what fun her life was about to become - seeing as to how she was just turned into the killers next target. Do I smell a game of cat and mouse while we avoid an insanely driven psychopath? YES PLEASE! Imagine trying to stay alive - find this killer - and just LIVE your life; all while being able to hear every thought in peoples head. Talk about a headache! I for one know I would never be able to look at some people the same again, but hey - makes for an interesting story!

Insert Boyfriend Terrance stage left! - As if she doesn't have enough on her plate - male specimen right here is prime suspect. Can this girl ever catch a break? Nope - because, of course - he happens to be the one person who's thoughts she can't read. Talk about annoying! 

I loved following this book page after page. It was not only well written, but blew me away with surprise after surprise! - I HATE books where you can guess the ending right off the bat - and this my friends, is NOT one of them! I can honestly say, I didn't see this ending coming at all! You will be shocked at who the killer/killers are once they start to get exposed. I love that this book left us in a spot that will be followed by the next book. I cannot wait to see what Bridget gets into next!

- I know this wasn't one of my BEST reviews; but honestly - wording this one without giving all the plot twist and everything else away was HARD! -

Take my word for it though - you will LOVE it!

No comments:

Post a Comment