Sunday, January 15, 2012

Hurricane ~ By: Jenna - Lynne Duncan

Hurricane
By: Jenna - Lynne Duncan
Published August 9th 2011 by Divertir Publishing LLC 



From GoodReads ~
"Adriana couldn’t decide what was worse—that Hurricane Katrina was heading for New Orleans, or that she might not survive her kidnapping to see its potential effects. She had trusted Hayden, even fallen for him, and now he and his brother Luke were taking her deeper and deeper into the Bayou. Why had two of her classmates, the mysterious Boudreaux brothers, kidnapped her? Why had Adriana’s dreams started predicting the future? Most importantly, would she make it out of the Bayou alive…"

My Thoughts ~
Slow to start, but a pretty good book overall. This is by no means a can't-put-it-down book. In all actuality, if I wasn't reviewing this book, I doubt I would have finished it. I'm glad that I did though. That just lets me know that sometimes I just need to grin and bare it and maybe it will work out in the end. The history of New Orleans is spot on and the remains that Katrina left are heartbreakingly real.

One thing that I didn't like was that right when the book held my total attention, it ended. I know there are other books in this series, but I was left asking questions about everything. Hopefully, answers will arise out of the sequel. 

I rate this book 3/5 stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment